Legislation around noise
- Do you know if the level of noise your workers are exposed to is safe?
- Do you know how often you need to do a WorkSafe noise survey?
- When did you last do audiometric testing for your workers? What is required for WorkCover hearing tests?
The recently announced inspection program will involve inspectors visiting warehousing premises of all sizes in Perth and regional areas of the State throughout the remainder of the 2016/17 financial year.
WorkSafe will focus on premises including bond stores (secure storage facilities), refrigerated storage, wool stores, furniture storage and other miscellaneous storage facilities.
As part of this inspection program, inspectors will focus on areas more specific to the industry, including:
- Safe movement of vehicles and plant – including trucks, forklifts and other vehicles, especially where pedestrians share the space;
- Materials handling equipment – including automated storage and retrieval systems;
- Working in excessively hot or cold conditions;
- Machinery guarding;
- Lockout and tag-out of equipment or machinery;
- Pressure vessels; and
- Hazardous substances.
Another area of review will be Noise.
The checklist and OSH Newsletter for this inspection program are available on WorkSafe’s website.
Please contact us any time to chat further.