When did you last review your WorkCover audiometric testing program?
An employer or person conducting a business or undertaking (PCBU) has specific obligations under the WHS Regulations to manage the risks of hearing loss associated with noise at the workplace, including:
- ensuring that the noise a worker is exposed to in the workplace does not exceed the exposure standard for noise
- providing audiometric testing to a worker who is frequently required to use personal hearing protection to protect the worker from hearing loss associated with noise that exceeds the exposure standard.
Managing noise in the workplace is a common focus area during WorkSafe inspections.
- Have your new employees had a registered WorkCover audiometric testing result?
- Is your WorkSafe Noise Survey up to date? (Required every 5 years or when new plant or equipment installed)
- Are your employees wearing their hearing protection correctly?
- Do you have a hearing conservation program in place?
Onsite WorkCover audiometric testing – Perth and WA
CHP can help you manage your legislative requirements when it comes to managing noise and WorkCover audiometric testing.
We are experts in onsite WorkCover audiometric testing solutions in Perth and regional WA. We also do FIFO audiometric testing for remote sites.
Get in touch to find out more…